Pigs, Dogs, & Sheep

Pigs: Hypocritical, self-righteous, authority figures
Dogs: Aggressive ruthless cutthroats
Sheep: Mindless followers
We are a nation of sheep, owned by pigs, ruled by dogs...

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

A very unproductive day...

Monday...
I was in a Bottle Knocker tournament...(Bottle Knocker sounds kinda dirty, doesn't it?)
Some good games...Ryan beat the Godfather (RJ, the inventor of the game)...21-20
I was up against Matt and the game when into freakin' overtime with him winning by one point...
Kevin was the champ...

At the floor meeting we were talking about condoms, dental dams, and oral sex...
And out of nowhere one of the girls says: "I hope you don't mind, I'm kinda hungry, could I leave and get some dinner?"
The entire floor starts cracking up...guess she wasn't paying attention to the topic...

Tuesday...
My quest for knowledge and truth begins today...
Right off the bat, I miss my first class of the year...a chem lecture...
On the schedule it said "TR", which I interpreted as Thursday...
Apparently T stands for Tuesday and R stands for Thursday...
R for Thursday...who the hell came up with that?
Goddamn, I'm so mad at myself...
Thankfully, he didn't take attendance...
But I still need to get my hands on the syllabus...

*update*
I got the syllabus from Halpin himself...
He seemed like a cool guy...
The timing was amazing...
I caught him just as he was coming out of his office and locking the door behind him...
If I left the dorm 10 seconds later I would've missed him...

Had lunch at Kimmel, then went to find out where this mysterious 3-5W was on my schedule...
"3 dash 5 double-U" I thought to myself...
The building was at Washington Place, down by Broadway...
Six floors...1 elevator...lots of "traffic"...

Chilled out at the park for a half hour...
Washington Square Park is amazing, there are 10 million things going on at the same time...
I found out something very disturbing...
Washington Square Park used to be a poor man's burial ground...
There are more than 15,000 people buried beneath the grassy lawns...
It was also a place where they would hang people....public execution and shit...
People swung from trees during the American Revolution, trees that are still around today...
But today it's a place where people frolic and play...

I show up extra early to chem class, hoping to redeem myself...
Only to find out that Chem lab was cancelled...
It was a wasteful day, very unproductive overall....

My roommates are very entertained by my guitar...

"Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell..."
~Chuck Berry, "Johnny B. Goode"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com