Pigs, Dogs, & Sheep

Pigs: Hypocritical, self-righteous, authority figures
Dogs: Aggressive ruthless cutthroats
Sheep: Mindless followers
We are a nation of sheep, owned by pigs, ruled by dogs...

Monday, September 06, 2004

Party at Edwin's, Hallway Racing, and Bottle Knockers

Saturday morning...
Woke up at 8am to the telephone ringing a thousand times...
My uncle was downstairs and brought the fridge and printer...

Nunes left shortly after...
Lunch at U Hall...
The rest of the roommates went kayaking on the Hudson River...
I left for my Grandpa's house in Astoria...
Made an unintentional visit to Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall...

When I got there, I only set foot on the sidewalk and Uncle Ted pops out of the door and yells "JULIAN!"
They attacked me with food...pizza hit the spot...
Went upstairs and just talked to my cousin Alice for a while...catch up...
Her computer was messed up, helped her reformat...

Got back to East Meadow around 8pm...
My dogs were insane when they saw me...
Hung out with JoMo, Nunes, Mike, Raul, Edwin, Dan, Nicole, Nicole's friends Rachel and Heather and some of Edwin's buddies...
60-80 dollars worth of booze...
Just like last time, minus the vomit and cops........and bagels....
Didn't drink this time around...but Nunes has this picture of me holding like 10 empty bottles of Smirnoff Ice...
Asshole and Ring of Fire, Dan was President this time around...
Edwin's computer had an STD...I felt like I was going around to people's houses, trying to fix their computers...
Blood, garlic, and cabbage launchers....Fear Factor rip-off....
Got back home around 3 or 4 in the morning...
Good time with friends...

Sunday...
I came back home just to pick up my books and guitar...but ended up bringing back a shitload of stuff...including a microwave :)
Sleeping in my room felt weird, I don't know, I didn't like it...
Back at NYU around 6pm...
Played Texas Hold'em with Ryan, Kenny, and Eddie...
Beginner's luck once again...but then I lost it all...
I realize now that poker isn't all luck...

Hallway racing...we invented a game (we were extremely bored)..
One guy starts at the end of the hall by the elevators...another guy holds the door to the dorm open, when the runner is ready the door guy says "GO" and let's go of the door...
It's a race to the door before it shuts...if you don't make it, you get locked out...
Varying levels of difficulty, human hurdles, two person race...
One of the RAs got into this...
The record for down and back is 12 seconds...

Bottle Knockers with the people down the hall...
Bottles are set up and you have to hit them off the shelves...carnival style...must be entirely knocked off...
3 shots, 3 rounds...
Cupping and booking are extremely hard to do...
Requires a lot of skill...

......yeah, I definitely have to go out somewhere, ANYWHERE, today....

"You think it's easy, but you're wrong
I am not one half of the problem..."

~Pavement, "Zurich is Stained"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com