Pigs, Dogs, & Sheep

Pigs: Hypocritical, self-righteous, authority figures
Dogs: Aggressive ruthless cutthroats
Sheep: Mindless followers
We are a nation of sheep, owned by pigs, ruled by dogs...

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Anarchism, Pleasant Surprises, and Jekyll and Hyde...

The RNC protest was insane...
I've never seen so many cops in my life...it must've been the entire fucking NYPD...
They were herding people like...*ahem*...sheep....

I went with Steve to Union Square...there was lots of protesting there...we met up with some people Lynsie, Night, Matt, Anna, Gordon...
There was a lady dressed up as the Statue of Liberty, a guy dressed up as Bush, and we saw Triumph the Comic Insult Dog...
There was also some hippie lighting up a joint, like 10 feet away from a cop...lol

We split into 2 groups...Lynsie's group stayed for the candlelight vigil and "die-in" where they all layed down in the street to symbolize the killing in Iraq...
I went with the Gallatin people, Matt, Anna, and Gordon...
So far I've mainly been hanging out with Sternies and CAS people...I figured that I'd switch it up for the night...
Very very interesting...because Matt was a proud Republican, tagging along...because he wants to understand different views...I highly respect him for doing that...
Cause a Republican going to a Democratic protest...he could've been killed...
The three were filming an unbiased documentary, trying to understand different perspectives...
Matt got into a debate with an anarchist...she believes that anarchism won't happen overnight, it's a gradual process...she doesn't think we should have a police force...and someway, somehow, people will get organized...people getting organized? Isn't that kinda like government? Without someone watching over and setting boundaries, it'll be chaos...that's just my opinion...I think without social and moral constrictions people will lie, cheat, steal, and kill...well at least SOME people will...and who will hold those people back?

Going a little off topic there...
We joined a protest line...
"Move BUSH! Get out the way, get out the way Bush, get out the way!!"
It was awesome...
There were other Republicans there...I could tell...all the old people giving us dirty looks...they were definitely Republicans, supporting Bush and their precious social security and medicare...
Medicare should be for EVERYONE...everybody deserves health care...not just rich old people...

We walked at Madison Square Garden...barricades...tons of cops...
We got as close a possible, 2-3 blocks away...
We interviewed a couple of Republicans in front of McDonald's, they were volunteering at the convention...they were from Alabama and Missouri...(figures...jk)
Anna did an awesome interview...

We decided to head back around 11...
Stopped for some pizza...
8th was closed off...kinda had some problems getting back...
Got back late, around 12...
My first protest, I had a good time...

Friday..
I did my own laundry!
Yeah, no big deal, laugh at me, but I usually don't do it myself...
I'm so fucking proud...
I was helping Kenny out, cause he was more confused than I was...
He asked me if he should put liquid detergent in the dryer...
I'm like, "NO! That would be very bad"....lol

The dorm vacuum has a big smiley face on it...
The Little Vacuum That Could...

Later that day...
*ring* *ring*
"You have two friends downstairs waiting to see you..."
I go downstairs, the elevator door opens, and I see Mike and JoMo standing there...lol
They just chilled at the dorm for a while...then they split...
Headed over to Central Park with Ryan, Steve, and Kenny...6th train...
Made a right at the dog statue...
Picnic with Valarie, Lynsie, and Kevin...
Bread and cheese...("yuppie food")...that was the first thing I ate all day...

Walked along the east side of the park...to the Metropolitan Museum of Art...
That place is amazing...we stared at Picasso paintings for like 15 minutes...analyzing them...it was fun...
Met up with Eric...
I left around 8 o'clock...alone...subway to Astor place...

Met up with JoMo and Mike again...
We went to Jekyll and Hyde...
"Mediocre food for high prices"...that guy wasn't kidding...
The atmosphere was very cool...
But we pay a dollar for the guy to make fun of us and sing...
Don't buy fries from the appetizer there...and don't ask for soda...
Apparently the fries didn't come with the meal, and every glass of soda is an additional 3 dollars...
So the bill came out to 65 dollars...
Highlight:
Joe: "Do you know 'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go'...?"
Crazy guy: "Yeah, I'm from the village, I HAVE to know that song...[breaks into song]..."

Then we just hung out at Washington Square Park...
Listen to the street band...
They played everything Beatles, U2, Bob Marley...it was great...
JoMo and Mike left and I just listened to the "Washington Square Park Band" until 1am...
Later on they did a "Money" cover and a Maroon 5 cover...lol
Got a phone call from Nunes...headed towards the dorm and met him on Broadway...
Good ole' Nunes, I can't believe he paid 80 bucks to come home...an 8 hour bus ride...it's insane...
Talked...and I went to bed at 2am...

"Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again..."

~The Cure, "Love Song"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com